Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I realise that I have said little if anything about my 'other' compact, my Canon Powershot G1X. And it is sitting at the moment is a cupboard in my partners house in the South of France. Not an easy camera to love... BUT a camera that is extremely capable. the very sharp lens and the large ( almost APS-C) sensor work together wonderfully well to produce some fabulous details and colour that I would say are for the most part indistinguishable from an APS-C DSLR. And what is more, if push comes to shove, better overall ( in my opinion) than the files from the X100 ( although it's close).
The G1X is hobbled by a hesitant AF and no macro ability, the less said about the OVF the better...
It is however very decent camera, it has the articulating LCD and a pretty good UI, very good IS, is fantastic for HDR and consistently surprises me with its results.
Is there room for it in my life with a DP2M, an X100 and a 5D3??? Hmm, not sure, but I reckon I'll keep it as resale value is not much and I'd always take it along if I'm not packing the DSLR, its got the zoom and the res for nice landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment