Thursday, January 24, 2013

At last, a comparison of sorts.....




Well, just for the hell of it I thought I’d check the quality ( resolution/sharpness/look)  of the 5D3 with the 24-105 L at f5.6 vs the DP2M at f5.6 vs the X100 at f5.6. Nothing scientific I’m afraid and frankly it’s not worth me putting up my rather amateur comparison ‘side by side’ shots because the result was, as I am sure you can guess, a foregone conclusion.

First the X100. Well if you have to ask…. But It’s still a lovely camera!

Now, and of more interest to me was the result from the 5D3 plus L glass ( OK not the finest L glass but still pretty good, and bear in mind that the 24-105 f4.0 L is about the price of a DP2M).

Compared to the DP2M? Oh dear. AND I used the DP2M handheld at 1/125 sec. HUGELY better resolution/sharpness and to be frank, colour accuracy from the DP2M.

So, and as I said, no real surprise in theory but in practice it makes the 5D3 look pretty sloppy.

And it was good to get to handle all three cameras together, the 5D3 is a very nice piece of kit to work with, fast, intuitive, nice menus and oh yes, fast.
But it is also massively heavier and more unwieldy than the other two who seem like toys in comparison.

So I’m no further forward WRT which will get the most use and if I’m keeping the DSLR. One thing is for certain, I’m going to be talking  more photographs than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment